Monday, October 5, 2009

We went to DC and NYC this weekend; it was a a quick-paced trip and very enjoyable. It makes me wonder if I should apply my skills to urban ag. Ithaca is lovely and I will always have a soft spot for it. I gaze down at the landscape from the Cornell hill a couple times every day, and observe the gorges, and know I am lucky. But I am not meant to stay.

I have been feeling really good lately, with intermittent (and sporadic) moments of partial clarity. My meditation is clearing out the garbage and making my overall life a little more liveable, bit by bit. The "bit by bit" part is important. My mantra meditation beforehand was bringing up so many things at once, I was unable to keep up with it. I could see what I needed to do for every little thing, and it was way too much. It could make a person go crazy to know all of that, so I wouldn't recommend it. Total self-introspection can be devastating before everything has cleared, because you can't respond to it all and don't yet feel the connection to everything else (which you can see keeps everything flowing, if you pace yourself). But now, I just feel grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment