Saturday, October 17, 2009

I babysat last night for a 3 1/2 year old; it was a lot of fun. I've missed it, and it was very helpful for her parents. She was so funny--I asked her how old her parents are, and she said her mom was "10:30". And her dad was maybe "21", "23", or "20-10!". ("23" was the correct answer). I would have been fine if she had put up a big fuss about bedtime, but since she doesn't know me very well, she was great. We read three books, she went to the bathroom (by herself!), put on her pjs, and I tucked her in. I wish adults would play like kids do, I'm so tired of stuffy adults.

On the other hand, I am grateful for the opportunity I've been given with my schooling. After over a year of studying these things, it starts to feel like it's all coming together. I understand it from a big picture view, which helps me get the details. I read scientific papers and see why they're interesting. And I can better understand scientific articles that aren't in my field at all. It's a certain way of thinking that I have learned. The trouble comes when people think that's it's the best or only way to think. But as a tool, I'm glad to have it. I'm surprised, I'll have a degree that actually means something :p

No comments:

Post a Comment