Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm going out to the field one last time today. My peppers are long gone, but I have to take a look at the cover crop in the new field. It's a nice break from schoolwork. I'm so tired of all these science classes and wish I could have a fun language class to break things up, like I used to have before. I'm remembering now, I was never very good at science. I don't catch on quickly and getting As in the classes is a tremendous amount of work (that I'm not really willing to put in). My brain is built some other way. Luckily I don't find reading literature and writing about it to be too difficult. It's difficult conceptually, but at least there's nothing to memorize. Very important for an MS (Master of Science).

The NYT has a new article on how "shouting is the new spanking", basically what parents do when they lose their temper. I'm glad society is progressing in this manner. It doesn't mean you can't be strict with boundaries, it just means you do your best to stay level-headed with your children, and not let the go get involved. I won't say that is easy--I'm sure it's harder than I can imagine. But it's an important responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment