Monday, November 30, 2009

Back after a long day of travel. I'm so worn out, and it will continue. Only one year left. I'm so glad I chose this area, it was the right fit, and if I was in any other area, I would quit. When I look at my old nutrition books or other things, they just seem silly. Listen to your body and let the rest fall into place. There are much more important things to be focusing on. Health is important, but I can't focus on that. It's not what I'm meant to work on.

Having reached my own limits for work, I really get it now, when people mean by when they say their "priorities have changed". Usually they've been busy with their family or career and their bodies have fell by the wayside to a certain extent, or they don't do whatever else makes you popular. I don't really care that much if I gain weight or aren't well-rounded. I will make the time for my health, but don't really have the energy to care about shallow distractions, if they're not relaxing. I'm not that high energy and can't be cramming a million things into my life.

Despite my whining, I remain optimistic. I know things will get easier... just not sure when or how. I'm looking forward to my acupuncture appointment tomorrow. He's good, I find it really relaxing. He's also passionate about stopping the fracking in this area (dumping chemicals in water to extract natural gas), which I deeply respect. I love all the old activists in this area, they really care, beyond whatever trend there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment