Monday, August 24, 2009

I realized the title of this blog is officially "nothing"--that's what it says for me, at least. I had typed that in as a placeholder when I couldn't think of anything. Now that I'm reading Adyashanti, who initially trained in Zen, it seems quite funny to me.

I'm preparing for a talk I'm giving to my department on Weds. The pretension is so strange and so is the mix of smart people. The horticulture department is not monolithic by any means--it includes turf management as well as trees and ornamentals and floriculture. I think it was a guy in turf that asked me, reluctantly, if I was into that "sustainability stuff" when he heard my area. It's a really funny mix, probably one that would have bothered me more a few years ago. Now I'll just take it as it comes, at least in theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment