Saturday, December 19, 2009

I went to the library today, so excited that I can start to read some books that have nothing to do with school! A search my whole life has involved understanding why some people think so differently from me, or how other people's experiences can be so different. Over the past year, I've learned why people think industrial agriculture is a good idea (that took a lot of open-mindedness and research to understand). Now I have a book about borderline personality disorder and another about addiction (both memoirs). I suspect for those things, the difference is less one of viewpoints and more a matter of genetic susceptibility. People have different weaknesses and different things that make them feel better.

Anyway, they shouldn't be too academic. Hooray! Though I'd love to read the linguistics textbook a friend gave me last year. My mind is hungry for different experiences.: the lazy, TV watching sort as well as the more stimulating sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment