Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Interesting article on cooking and human evolution (they're related!). I'm inclined to think his claims have merit, especially because of the following:

JZ: So you don’t give much credence to the health claims of present-day raw foodists?

RW: I give a lot of credence to some of the health claims of raw foodists. The fact that I don’t think raw diets are natural does not undermine their claims that they get various kinds of benefits. One benefit of course is [raw foodists] lose weight. Another benefit is that [the diet] reduces various kinds of allergies. I can well believe that some people are sensitive to some of the compounds produced by cooking. I don’t think everybody is.

I like it when people are open-minded, looking at issues from multiple sides. Raw foodists, on the other hand, tend not to. I like the restaurants, I like eating simply, but the dogma as a whole is so silly. While some seem to do better on all raw, I really think it is unbalanced for many others... I am glad I went to the Tree of Life, I saw lots of neat things and met neat people. But I like a more centered approach in the end.

Not sure why the font in this post is so strange.


No comments:

Post a Comment