Saturday, January 16, 2010

Today was like a mini-spring: weather in the forties, blue sky, some sun. Maybe that's how I'll get through this winter. I forgot that we get all these mini-thaws in Ithaca, making it feel like spring is coming. It makes it hard to study, but getting the blahs also makes it hard to do my work. I'm actually glad classes will be starting in over a week, because data analysis is getting very old.

I met up with someone who had been doing her research in Columbia. I was very jealous of her when she started (maybe jealous isn't quite the right word--I was very happy for her). She went there for four months and learned to speak Spanish and will be done soon, and might get a job working for a strawberry company. I don't quite want to do that--I don't ever want to move where I don't know anyone, ever again. But it is nice to see people finishing and happy, especially good people that you want to see do well. Regardless of how I'm doing, it's good to see others being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment