Wednesday, January 13, 2010

coming back is hard

Ithaca is gray and it makes me feel gray. I keep telling myself, I only have (less than) a year left, less than a year left. It seems ungrateful to be counting down time like that. But it is what it is--I don't feel a good fit for this town, and my mind is not in a place where I can just change it. I've gotten tired reading about yoga--I need a break from all that stuff; I need concrete things I can enjoy.


So there are little things to look forward to--I may go to Vegas in March (not interested in anything but the warm desert!), maybe MN in March, plus a few small trips here and there--I'd like to go to NYC and Boston before summer. Other things to try: winter activities (sledding, cross-country skiing) and... I need to brainstorm some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment