Friday, February 12, 2010

stream-of-consciousness post

I promised to write today, but I'm a bit short on ideas of what to write about. I've been going to classes, drawing pictures with crayons (for the kid in me!), walking around, got a new Kundalini yoga DVD I have yet to try, ordered chocolates from Bluestocking Bonbons (she makes fair-trade vegan chocolates that are very good, in the Hudson Valley), and exchanged Valentine's Day gifts. We kept it very simple--I bought him organic cotton socks (expensive but cotton uses so many pesticides, it's upsetting), and he bought me a mini-French dictionary. I've been listening to this French lady named Diam's, she sings/raps about a lot of clever things, and I really admire that. She got a lot of flack in France because she covers her hair (she is Muslim), she said "Modern medicine was not able to heal my soul, so I turned to religion." That is the quick run-down on my thoughts for the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment