Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I got an email today that was selling a variety of things, including "raw water". They warned it can be expensive due to shipping costs, but you can order up to a year's worth at a time, if you would like. Too typical for the raw movement. Compare that to instructions to build your own purification and gray water system. One preys on people's health fears for profit (though I don't doubt that the seller believes it as well), the other links our health to everyone else and encourages conservation. I really think that if whatever you're promoting isn't linked to everything else in a very careful, mindful way, you're going to become as commercial as anything else.

I have a test this evening and a meeting with my adviser tomorrow morning, so I'll have to finish writing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment