Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beautiful summary day today! I went to the farmer's market and a compost fair--I am in love with the idea of a composting toilet (recycling nutrients!). They do NOT smell, but you have to manage it like any compost pile.

I also went shopping in the bulk herbs and spices section. I must have spent 20 minutes, looking around, trying to listen to my gut: "How will I feel if I ingest this?" In the end, I left with not as much as I wanted (but I have ideas for the future!): onion granules (more for flavor than medicinal purposes), hibiscus (for tea), nettle (for tea--helps with allergies), and ginger (for medicinal purposes). I've been making loose teas with my mini-French press, originally for coffee (got it for my bday). It works great.

Have also been mixing coconut flour with water or almond milk, cinnamon, and a little stevia powder. Coconut flour is expensive but I love it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment