Wednesday, March 31, 2010

another vegas story

I have to keep writing about Vegas... but I'm momentarily blank. One story: I stopped at a gas station, where a perfectly nice attendant saw my passport (since I had lost my other ID). We chatted casually and he said, "You know, if Obama has his way with the immigration bill, we'll all have to have these when we go between states.
"Obama is a COMMUNIST. The Republicans tried to warn us...and I voted for him anyway. And now I see they're right."

"Hmmm..." I replied "You know, a lot of people say things about his bills that aren't exactly true."

"No, I read it myself. I read the whole thing."

I thanked him and ran out of there.

What was he talking about? There is no immigration bill right now and there's no way that's true. I will criticize Obama plenty (for being too similar to past presidents), but there is no way he has interest in any of those things the man claimed. It was nuts, but I am told this is typical for Nevada. Hmmm....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a great realization yesterday. R feels the same. Now that we know our time is limited, we love Ithaca! We love how we can walk everywhere, from the bar to a friend's house to home. Almost everyone is nice. It is beautiful. I have a nice routine where I go to the coops regularly. There are lots of concerned people trying to improve things (not so many, but compared to most places). I guess it takes a very long time to become comfortable in a new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment